How To Host WordPress Website On Digitalocean – hello guys in this tutorial I am going to show you how to host a WordPress website on the Digital Ocean platform.
If you are a new blogger or businessman and you want to start your business or blog online so you required a website.
So for this problem, we are going to fix this today in this guide I will show you a step-by-step method to install a WordPress website on digital ocean.
In this guide, we will learn the installation of WordPress on an open LiteSpeed server using the Digital Ocean platform.
If you don’t know anything about the digital ocean then you should know about it.
What Is Digital Ocean?
The simple cloud that drives business growth. Businesses grow faster when developers can build on the simple, affordable cloud they love.
DigitalOcean has the cloud computing services you need, with predictable pricing, robust documentation, and scalability to support your growth at any stage.
Requirements To InstallWordPresss On Digital Ocean.
OK so now you know what is a digital ocean. Now let’s understand how we can install or host a fresh & fastest WordPress website on the digital ocean. Before we install some requirements are needed to host your site on digital ocean.
1. First you will need DigitalOcean Account. If you have one then skip this part. But if you don’t have a digital Ocean Account so click the below link to create Fresh Digital Account.
NOTE: if you create Digital Ocean Account from the below link you will get $200 Credits For Free for 60 Days On your digital Ocean Account balance.
2. You are going to start a business or blog. So you will need a Custom Domain name for you. So buy a custom domain from anywhere.
But I am suggesting you take your first domain from the below link.
Read More :
- How To Build a Professional Website Using Astra Pro WordPress Theme
- How To Host WordPress Website On Digitalocean (Openlitespeed Server)
- How To Create Microsoft Azure Account Without Credit Card
- Best Free VPS Setup 2022 (Hestia on Oracle Cloud Free Tier) Complete Website Guide On Android
- How To Host Website On AWS | Dynamic WordPress Website.
These two requirements are needed to host a WordPress site on digital ocean.
How To Host WordPress Website On Digitalocean (Openlitespeed Server).
O, K so we are finally getting to host a WordPress website on digital ocean step by step. Just follow the below guide.
1. First create a digital ocean account. If you have not created one yet then click the below links to create your DigitalOcean account with $200 Credits free.
2. After creating an account. Go to the digital ocean login page. Use your account credentials to log into your account.
3. Now you are successfully logged in to your digital ocean account.
How To Create Droplet In Digital Ocean :
So first we need to create a droplet in Digital Ocean for our Openlitespeed server. So let’s do it.
1. Log in to your Digital ocean Account portal using your login credentials.
2. Now just click on the “Create” button on the top. Then select Droplets.
3. Now you will redirect to the Droplet creation page. Here you need to select some options.
4. First select a Region that is close to your country. I am going to select Bangalore.
5. Now you need to Choose an image. In that section just click on the Marketplace option.
It loads all Marketplace options Frant of you. Now you will see a search bar here. Just search & select for “OpenLiteSpeed WordPress” option.
6. Now go time to Choose the Size of your Droplet. You will see your plans here. Don’t worry you have $200 Credits on your account so you can create your premium droplet for free for 2 months.
7. So I am going to select Basic Premium Intel $ 7 /mo plan. You can select any.
8. Then scroll down to Choose Authentication Method. Here you have 2 options which are SSH Key & Password.
So I am going to select the password option here. Then in the next box, you need to Create a root password. Just set your strong root password here.
9. Now scroll down and you will find the tags and username option. There put WP.
10. Now just recheck whether all the above options are right or not. If yes then click on Create Droplet button.
11. It will take 2-3 minutes to create your droplet. So wait for it. Now your droplet is successfully created.
How To Add Your Custom Domain In Digital Ocean.
Now our WordPress Droplet is successfully created. But we still have not connected our domain with our digital ocean account. So let’s do it.
1. Click on the 3 dots icon from your droplet’s right side. Then click on the “Add A Domain” option.
2. Then add your domain name here then click on the save add domain button to add your domain here.
3. It will reload your page on DNS zones. So our domain is added successfully to the digital ocean account.
How To Connect Your Custom Domain With DigitalOcean From Domain Registrar.
We added our custom domain to our digital ocean account. But we need to point our domain to the digital ocean droplet server. It’s very easy. Just follow me.
1. Copy your digital ocean Droplet public IP address.
2. Go to your Domain Registrar website. Log in with your account. In my case,e my custom domain is registered with Cloudflare.
3. After logging in to your domain Registrar account. Find the DNS Option in managing domain settings.
4. Here you need to add A Record like this :
NOTE : Make sure to use your droplet public IP address. Then click on the save button.
5. After that you need to add three NS records also. Add one by one from the below details.
6. After adding all four records. It will take some time to connect to your digital ocean account. It will take a minimum of 1 hour and a maximum of 24 hours.
How To configure Openlitespeed Server On Digital Ocean.
After all, the DNS changes now you are Rady to set up your Openlitespeed Server. So to do that just follow me.
1. Go to your digital ocean droplet again. Click on the 3 dots option on the right side. Then click on the “Access console” option.
2. Now it will redirect you to the droplet console page. Just click on the “Launch Droplet Console” Button.
3. It will open the command line interface on your screen. It will automatically start your WordPress configuration.
4. Now first it will ask you for a custom domain. Just put your custom domain here.
NOTE: don’t put any www or HTTP protocol.
Then it will ask you to confirm your domain. So just type y and press enter.
5. Now it will ask you to install Let’s Encrypt (SSL) to your domain. So type y and press enter.
6. Now it will ask you for an EMAIL ID. So put your Email ID here. You can also put your business Email ID.
7. Now it will ask you to update Openlitespeed Server. So put y and press enter. It will take 2-3 minutes to upgrade your Openlitespeed Server.
8. After all setups you will see this type of screen. It means you are going wild. You all configuration is done.
How To Setup WordPress With Openlitespeed Server.
After the above configuration, your domain is successfully connected with your Openlitespeed Server. So lets up our WordPress now.
1. Open your custom domain in any web browser. Now you will get a WordPress installation page like this :
If you did not see this. Then wait for 1-2 hours. Then clear your browser cache. If still not showing then open it in incognito mode.
2. Now click on the next button. Then it will ask you for an admin username & password. So set your username and password for your WordPress admin panel here. Then click on next.
3. Now click on the Login button. Just enter your WordPress admin login details here to log in with your WordPress dashboard.
4. Boom now you are logged in with your WordPress dashboard here. Now you are Rady to design your WordPress site and create any type of website on that domain.
5. So this way you can host a WordPress website on the digital ocean platform with an openlitespeed server.
How To Log into Openlitespeed Server Admin Panel.
OK no,w your WordPress is installed & hosted on digital ocean. Remember we installed openlitespeed Server on our droplet. So we can also access our openlitespeed Server admin panel.
1. To log in to your Openlitespeed Server Admin panel. Just go to your droplet again. Then Launch Droplet Console again.
2. Openlitespeed Server admin port is 7080. But it is disabled by default in your droplet. So first allow that port in your droplet using the below command.
ufw allow 7080
Paste this command into your droplet console. It will open the 7080 port into your server.
3. Now we need an Openlitespeed Server Admin username & password to log in. So the default username of the Openlitespeed Server admin panel is admin.
4. To see your password for the openlitespeed Server Admin panel. Just paste this command into your terminal. You will see your openlitespeed admin password in the terminal. Just copy your password from here.
5. How do we have the username and $password of the openlitespeed server admin pane? So let’s try to log in. To log in open any web browser. Type your domain name with a 7080 port like this :
6. It will show you an SSL error. Don’t worry it is normal. Just click on the advanced button then click on visit this unsafe site.
7. Now you will see the Openlitespeed Server admin login page here. Put your username & password into the openlitespeed server. Then click on log in.
8. Now you are successfully logged into your Openlitespeed Server without any issues. Now you control all from here if you want.
Youtube Video Tutorial :
Thank you so much for reading How To Host WordPress Website On Digitalocean (Openlitespeed Server). With this guide, you can easily install or host a WordPress website on Digital Ocean. All steps are simple you need to follow this guide one by one.
If you follow this guide properly then you can able to host a WordPress website on the digital ocean without any issues. So if you like this article please share this article with your friends and family.
If you have any questions in your mind you can comment box below. I will try to respond to you as soon as possible.