Create Windows RDP On Digitalocean : f you are looking to create a Windows RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) on the DigitalOcean platform, you have come to the right place. As many of you may know, DigitalOcean primarily offers Linux-based virtual machines (VMs). However, if you still wish to use a Windows Server on DigitalOcean, this article is tailored specifically for you.
How To Create Windows RDP On Digitalocean For Free (2 Months Free)
In this guide, I will explain a unique method that will enable you to effortlessly create a Windows Server (RDP) on DigitalOcean. Therefore, if you are interested in installing a Windows Server (RDP) on the DigitalOcean platform, I urge you to carefully follow this guide, step by step.
Read More :
- Create Windows RDP On Digitalocean For Free (2 Months Free)
- How To Build a Professional Website Using GeneratePress Premium WordPress Theme
- A Quick and Easy Way to Make a Custom Invite on Your Phone!
- WordPress Locally On Android – How To Install WordPress Locally On Android
- Which CSS Attribute Would Change An Element’s Font Color To Blue?
- WordPress Website Speed Optimization With WP Rocket Best Settings
How To Create A DigitalOcean Account With $200 Credits Free
To begin, we need to create a DigitalOcean account and acquire $200 credits for a period of 60 days (2 months). Follow the steps below to obtain the credits using my special link:
1. Start by clicking on the DigitalOcean account button provided below to access the offer page.
2. On the offer page, click on the signup button. Enter your EMAIL ID and create a password.
3. Verify your EMAIL ID by following the instructions sent to your email address. Once verified, you will be prompted for payment verification.
4. Add a payment verification method to successfully create your account. Rest assured, DigitalOcean will not charge any money. A nominal amount may be charged temporarily for verification purposes, which will be refunded afterward.
5. DigitalOcean utilizes this payment verification process to ensure the accuracy of your billing information.
6. By following these steps, you will successfully create a DigitalOcean account loaded with $200 credits.
7. Remember, these credits will expire after 60 days, so make sure to utilize them within that timeframe.
How To Create Ubuntu VM On Digitalocean For Windows Server Installation :
To create a Ubuntu virtual machine (VM) with specific resources on DigitalOcean, follow these steps:
1. Sign in to your DigitalOcean account or create a new one if you don’t have an account already.
2. Once you are logged in, click on the “Create” button, and then select “Droplets” from the dropdown menu.
3. In the “Choose an image” section, click on the “Distributions” tab.
4. Scroll down and select the latest version of Ubuntu available (e.g., Ubuntu 22.04 or Ubuntu 21.04).
5. In the “Choose a plan” section, select the plan that provides 4GB of RAM and 2 vCPUs. You may choose from various plans based on your requirements and budget.
6. Choose a datacenter region that is geographically closest to your intended audience or where you want your VM to be hosted.
7. Under the “Authentication” section, select the method you prefer to use for logging into your VM. You can either use SSH keys or a password.
8. (Optional) If you choose to use SSH keys, you can add your public key in the “Add your SSH keys” section. This allows you to log in to your VM securely without a password.
9. Customize any additional settings, such as enabling monitoring, backups, or VPC networking, based on your needs. For a basic setup, you can skip these options.
10. Choose a hostname for your VM or leave it as the default.
11. Finally, click on the “Create Droplet” button at the bottom of the page.
DigitalOcean will now provision your Ubuntu VM with the specified resources. Once it’s ready, you will receive an email with the necessary details, including the IP address to access your VM. You can then connect to your VM using an SSH client or any other remote desktop protocol as per your preference.
How To Install Windows RDP On Digitalocean
To install Windows Server on your Ubuntu droplet on DigitalOcean, follow these step-by-step instructions:
1. Go to your DigitalOcean dashboard and click on the name of your VM.
2. First, you need to stop your VM. Click on the “OFF” button located in the top right corner of the page. Wait until your VM stops successfully.
3. After your VM has stopped, click on the “Recovery” option from the left-side menu.
4. In the recovery options, click on “Boot From Recovery ISO.” Ensure that your VM is stopped before proceeding.
5. Once selected, start your VM again by clicking the button in the top right corner. Wait for your VM to start.
6. Now, click on the “Access” button from the left-side menu and then click on “Launch Recovery Console.” This will open a terminal on your screen.
7. In the terminal, select the “Interactive Shell” option by typing “6” and pressing enter.
8. Next, you need to download the Windows Server ISO file. Copy the appropriate command for your chosen Windows Server version and paste it into the terminal.
For WINDOWS SERVER 2022 :
wget -O- --no-check-certificate http://drive.muavps.net/windows/Windows2022.gz | gunzip | dd of=/dev/vda
For WINDOWS SERVER 2019 :
wget -O- --no-check-certificate http://drive.muavps.net/windows/Windows2019.gz | gunzip | dd of=/dev/vda
For WINDOWS SERVER 2016 :
wget -O- --no-check-certificate http://drive.muavps.net/windows/Windows2016.gz | gunzip | dd of=/dev/vda
For WINDOWS SERVER 2012 :
wget -O- --no-check-certificate http://drive.muavps.net/windows/Windows2012r2.gz | gunzip | dd of=/dev/vda
Windows Server Login Details :
USERNAME : administrator
Password : Datnguyentv.com
9. The download process will start, and it may take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete. Please wait patiently for the Windows Server file to finish downloading.
10. Once the download is complete, close the terminal. Stop your VM again by clicking the button in the top right corner. Wait for your VM to stop.
11. Click on the “Recovery” button from the left-side menu, and then select “Boot From Hard Drive.” Ensure that your VM is stopped before proceeding.
12. After clicking on the “Boot From Hard Drive” button, start your VM again.
13. Once your VM has started, click on the “Access” button from the left-side menu, and then click on “Launch Recovery Console.”
14. Your Windows Server installation will now begin. You will need a username and password to log in. The necessary credentials for your specific Windows Server version will be provided in step 8.
By following these steps, you will be able to install Windows Server on your Ubuntu droplet on DigitalOcean.
How To Enable Internet On Windows Server :
After successfully logging in to our Windows Server, we need to enable the internet connection. Follow these steps to establish an internet connection:
1. Once you are logged in to your Windows Server, you will see the Windows desktop. Click on the search option located in the taskbar.
2. In the search bar, type “CMD” and then right-click on “Command Prompt” and select “Run as administrator.” This will open the Command Prompt window with administrative privileges.
3. In the Command Prompt window, type “ncpa.cpl” and press enter. This command will open the Network Connection Settings.
4. Right-click on the first option listed and select “Properties.”
5. In the properties window, locate and click on “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” and then click on the “Properties” button below.
6. In the Internet Protocol Version 4 properties, select the option “Use the following IP address.” Now, you need to enter the following details:
– IP address: Enter the IP address provided in your terminal screen.
– Subnet Mask: Enter the subnet mask provided in your terminal screen.
– Default Gateway: Enter the default gateway address provided in your terminal screen.
7. For the DNS servers, we will use Google DNS servers. Enter the following details:
– Preferred DNS server: 188.8.131.52
– Alternate DNS server: 184.108.40.206
8. Double-check that all the entered details are accurate. Then click “OK.” If prompted to confirm, click “Yes.”
9. Congratulations! Your internet service is now active on your Windows Server. You should see an indication of the internet connection on your screen.
By following these steps, you have successfully enabled the internet connection on your Windows Server. You can now access the internet and proceed with any online tasks or configurations as needed.
How To Connect Windows Server Via RDP :
To connect to a Windows Server using Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), follow these steps:
1. On your local Windows machine, click on the “Start” menu and search for “Remote Desktop Connection” or “Remote Desktop App.” Open the appropriate application.
2. In the Remote Desktop Connection window, enter the IP address or hostname of your Windows Server. You can obtain this information from your DigitalOcean dashboard.
3. Click on the “Connect” button to initiate the connection.
4. If prompted, enter the username and password for the Windows Server. Ensure that you have the correct credentials to log in.
5. If the server’s SSL certificate is not trusted, you may see a warning message. Review the certificate details and click “Yes” or “Continue” to proceed with the connection.
6. The Remote Desktop session should now start, and you will be connected to the Windows Server. You can interact with the server’s desktop as if you were physically present.
How To Connect Windows Server Via RDP Using Android Phone
To connect to a Windows Server via Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) using an Android phone, you can follow these steps:
1. Install a Remote Desktop client app on your Android phone. Microsoft provides an official app called “Microsoft Remote Desktop” on the Google Play Store. Download and install it on your device.
2. Ensure that your Windows Server has Remote Desktop enabled and is accessible from your network or the internet. Make sure to configure any necessary firewall settings to allow RDP connections.
3. Launch the Microsoft Remote Desktop app on your Android phone.
4. Tap on the “+” icon or the “Add” button to create a new connection.
5. In the “Add Remote Desktop” screen, enter the following details:
– PC name: Enter the IP address or hostname of your Windows Server.
– Friendly name (optional): Provide a name to identify this connection.
– User account: Enter the username for your Windows Server.
– Password: Enter the password for the Windows Server account.
6. Customize other settings as per your preferences, such as display resolution, color depth, or gateway settings. You can also leave them as default.
7. Once you have entered the necessary information, tap on the “Save” or “Add” button to save the connection.
8. The connection will now appear in the list of saved connections. Tap on its name to establish the RDP connection.
9. The Remote Desktop session should start, and you will be connected to the Windows Server. You can interact with the server’s desktop on your Android phone.
How to Change Windows Server (RDP) Password:
After successfully installing Windows Server on the DigitalOcean platform, it is important to change the default password for security purposes. Follow these steps to change the password:
1. Click on the Windows icon located at the bottom left corner of the screen.
2. Select the “Settings” button to open the settings page.
3. Click on the “Accounts” tab. Here, you will find your Windows login account details. Proceed to click on the “Sign-in options” button.
4. On the Sign-in options page, you will see two options: “Security key” and “Password.” Since we want to change the password, click on the “Password” button.
5. The page will load the password change form. Click on the “Change” button and proceed to set your new password.
6. Once you have successfully set the new password, either restart your PC or disconnect from the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) session and reconnect using the new password.
7. Congratulations! You have successfully changed your Windows user password using this method.
By following these steps, you can easily change your Windows Server (RDP) password.
Youtube Video Tutorial :
In conclusion, this guide has provided a detailed step-by-step process for creating a Windows RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) on the DigitalOcean platform, even though it primarily offers Linux-based virtual machines.
By following the instructions, you can create a DigitalOcean account with $200 credits for a period of 60 days, which allows you to utilize the platform for free. Additionally, the guide explains how to create a Ubuntu virtual machine (VM) on DigitalOcean and install Windows Server on it.
Furthermore, the guide covers essential steps such as enabling the internet connection on the Windows Server and connecting to the Windows Server via RDP from both a Windows machine and an Android phone.
It also emphasizes the importance of changing the default password for security purposes and provides instructions for changing the Windows Server (RDP) password.
By following these instructions carefully, you can effectively set up a Windows RDP on DigitalOcean and leverage its capabilities for your specific needs. Enjoy the flexibility and convenience of accessing a Windows Server on the DigitalOcean platform.