Torrent Downloader – hello guys in this tutorial I am going to show you How To Download Torrent Files Using Kali Linux / Ubuntu Terminal. If you are searching best Torrent Downloader for Linux distribution, Then you are in a right place.
So guys we all know if you are a windows user. We have many applications available as a Torrent Downloader. But we still have Torrent Downloader software available for our Linux distribution.
But in this guide, we will download any type of torrent files using our Linux terminal. We can directly download our torrent files through the Terminal itself. We don’t require any GUI interface software.
So many people ask me about How To Download Torrent Files Using Kali Linux / Ubuntu Terminal. So here is the answer. Follow my step-by-step guide and you will be able to use Torrent Downloader for Linux distributions.
What Is Torrent?
Torrent it’s a communication protocol for peer-to-peer file sharing, which enables users to distribute data and electronic files over the Internet in a decentralized manner.
To send or receive files, a person uses a BitTorrent client on their Internet-connected computer.
In short words, a torrent is a file universe. Where you will get any type of files all over the world in one place. You can easily download and upload any type of file on the internet using a torrent service.
What is Torrent Downloader?
As the name suggests, Torrent Downloader is a software or application which helps you to download files from torrent sites. You can also say Torrent client software. I hope you understand what is Torrent Downloader.
Read More :
- Burp Suite For Android – How To Use Burp Suite On Android Phone
- How To Install VS Code On Kali Linux / Ubuntu | Fix VS Code Not Opening Problem
- How To Install Kali Linux On Android (Kali Nethunter) No Root
- Upload File To MEGA – How To Upload Files To MEGA Using Ubuntu Terminal
- Best Free VPS Setup 2022 (Hestia on Oracle Cloud Free Tier) Complete Website Guide On Android
How To Download Torrent Files Using Kali Linux / Ubuntu Terminal?
Now finally we ate moving to our main part. Where we will learn step by step guide to Download Torrent Files Using Kali Linux / Ubuntu Terminal Only.
(1) Let’s open your Linux terminal first. First, update the packages on your system using this command.
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade -y
(2) Now time to install the aria2 package in our system. aria2 package helps you to use the Torrent Downloader function within the terminal.
Select according to your Linux distribution. And install aria2 on your system.
For Kali Linux & Ubuntu Users :
sudo apt install aria2
For Debian Users :
sudo apt-get install aria2
For Arch Linux users :
sudo pacman -S aria2
For Fedora Users :
sudo dnf install aria2 -y
For OpenSUSE Users :
sudo zypper install aria2
(3) Now finally we downloaded & install aria2 on our Linux distribution.
(4) Now time to find the torrent file which you want to download. So you can get any type of torrent files from the below website.
(5) Search any file which you want to download. Select your file and you will get this type of screen.
(6) You have two options to download torrent files. You can use the magnet link or you can use a torrent file as well.
(7) just long-press or right-click on the magnet link. Click on the copy link Adress option. Done now you copied magnet link successfully on your Clipboard.
(8) now let’s move to the terminal again. Then follow the below command.
NOTE: Add your magnet link which you copied. For the demo purpose like this :
After pressing enter. It will start downloading your files through the terminal itself.
(9) If you have (.torrent) file. Just right-click on the download torrent file option. Then copy the link Address of the (.torrent) file. Then you can also download your file using (.torrent) file. For that just use the below command.
It will also start downloading your torrent file within the terminal itself.
(10) Done. This way you can easily Use Torrent Downloader on any Linux distribution.
(1) Can I Download only Torrent Files Using aria2?
Answer: No. You can download any file from any web. Only you will need a direct download link of any file. Then follow the below command.
Just replace your file’s direct link.
(2) How Can I use BitTorrent or UTorrent In Linux?
Answer: if you want to use a GUI interface to download Torrent Files on Linux distribution. Then you can use BitTorrent. It is an alternative to BitTorrent for Linux.
To Install this on your Linux system use the below command.
sudo apt install qbittorrent
For more details, you can visit here.
(3) How To Download Multiple Torrent Files At Once? Is it possible?
Answer: Yes it is possible. aria2 gives you the power of downloading multiple files at once. To do that. Just open your terminal. Create a blank file using the touch command.
Now use the echo command to add the torrent Magnet links, Torrent file links to the aria2-torrents text file.
Note: make sure to replace the torrent link with your Magnet link or your Torrent file locations.
echo 'torrent-link 1' >> ~/aria2-torrents echo 'torrent-link 2' >> ~/aria2-torrents echo 'torrent-link 3' >> ~/aria2-torrents
With this command, all your files are listed in your text file. Now just run this file using :
aria2c -i ~/aria2-torrents
It will start downloading all files at the same time.
(4) How To Stop Downloading torrent Files During Download?
Answer: if you don’t want to download or you want to stop downloading your torrent file. Then just press Ctrl + C. It will stop downloading.
Youtube Video Tutorial :
I hope you like my best Torrent Downloader for any Linux distribution. Thank you so much for reading Torrent Downloader – How To Download Torrent Files Using Kali Linux / Ubuntu Terminal.
You don’t need to use any Graphical Interface (GUI) to download torrent files in Linux. I hope you learn something new through my article. If you like my article please share this article with your friends and family.
If you have any questions in your mind you can feel free to use the comment box below. I will try to respond to you as soon as possible.
2 thoughts on “Torrent Downloader – How To Download Torrent Files Using Kali Linux / Ubuntu Terminal”
How would you download a torrent file from your actual internal storage on the device? I’m using an Android and I went to the kali home page and downloaded a torrent file from there for my Android device. Not sure how I would type the command to make it come from my internal storage to the command prompt.