How To Make Your Own VPN – hello guys in this tutorial I am going to show you How To Make Your Own VPN For Free On Android Phone.
Yes, you heard right we are going to create our own VPN server for free using an Android phone. So if you want to make a VPN server for free using an Android phone so you are in the right place.
First, you need to understand what is VPN & how it works.
What Is VPN?
VPN stands for “Virtual Private Network” and describes the opportunity to establish a protected network connection when using public networks.
VPNs encrypt your internet traffic and disguise your online identity. This makes it more difficult for third parties to track your activities online and steal data. The encryption takes place in real time.
What are the benefits of a VPN?
A VPN connection disguises your data traffic online and protects it from external access.
Unencrypted data can be viewed by anyone who has network access and wants to see it. With a VPN, hackers and cyber criminals can’t decipher this data.
Secure encryption: To read the data, you need an encryption key. Without one, it would take millions of years for a computer to decipher the code in the event of a brute-force attack.
With the help of a VPN, your online activities are hidden even on public networks.
Disguising your whereabouts: VPN servers essentially act as your proxies on the internet. Because the demographic location data comes from a server in another country, your actual location cannot be determined.
In addition, most VPN services do not store logs of your activities. Some providers, on the other hand, record your behavior, but do not pass this information on to third parties.
This means that any potential record of your user behavior remains permanently hidden.
Access to regional content: Regional web content is not always accessible from everywhere. Services and websites often contain content that can only be accessed from certain parts of the world.
Standard connections use local servers in the country to determine your location. This means that you cannot access the content at home while traveling, and you cannot access international content from home.
With VPN location spoofing, you can switch to a server in another country and effectively “change” your location.
Secure data transfer: If you work remotely, you may need to access important files on your company’s network. For security reasons, this kind of information requires a secure connection.
To gain access to the network, a VPN connection is often required. VPN services connect to private servers and use encryption methods to reduce the risk of data leakage.
OK so finally you know what is VPN & how it works. Now we are going to make our own VPN server for free using our Android phone.
You can follow the same steps on any distribution like windows, Mac, iOS, etc.
Requirements To Make Own VPN Server :
If you want to create your own VPN server then you will need to do something first. Because VPNs are not free. But we are going to create our VPN server for free to fulfill all the requirements.
1. First you need to create an Account on Digital Ocean. Don’t create an account directly from the website.
If you click the below link and then create your account then you will get $200 Credits on your digital ocean account for 2 Months.
2. Download & install the open VPN app from the play store or the below link.
3. You will need an internet connection to connect our VPN server to your Android phone or any other platform.
4. Download & install JuiceSSH Client App on an Android phone.
These four requirements you will need to create your own VPN server.
How To Create a Digital Ocean $200 Credits Account :
Before we start first we need to create an account on Digital ocean to get $200 Credits For 2 Months.
So you can use these credits for a free VPN server for 2 Months. So let’s create a Digital Ocean $200 Credits account.
1. Go to the Digital Ocean website using the below link. If you click on the below link you will get dollar hundred credits on your account for free.
2. After clicking that link you will redirect to the page where you can find the registration page.
3. Enter your email ID and set your password for your digital Ocean account.
4. After that they will ask you for a payment verification so you can choose any payment method to verify your account. if you choose the debit or credit card option then you will not charge any money from your bank account.
They will charge $1 for verification after that they refund that $1 to your bank account immediately.
5. After verification is done you will redirect to your digital ocean account portal. there you will find dollar hundred credits on the top right corner of your screen.
6. That’s it this way you can easily create a digital Ocean $200 credits account for free. Now let’s talk about How To Make Your Own VPN Server for free using Android Phone.
How To Make Your Own VPN For Free On Android Phone :
OK so finally we have created a Digital ocean Account. So now we are ready to use our 200 dollars credits to create our own VPN server. So let’s start.
How To Create Droplet In Digital Ocean :
So first we need to create a droplet in Digital Ocean for our VPN server. So let’s do it.
1. Log in to your Digital ocean Account portal using your login credentials.
2. Now just click on the “Create” button on the top. Then select Droplets.
3. Now you will redirect to the Droplet creation page. Here you need to select some options.
4. First select a Region that is close to your country. I am going to select New York.
5. Now you need to Choose an image. In that section just click on the Marketplace option.
It loads all Marketplace options Frant of you. Now you will see a search bar here. Just search & select for “OpenVPN Access Server” option.
6. Now go time to Choose the Size of your Droplet. You will see your plans here. Don’t worry you have $200 Credits on your account so you can create your premium droplet for free for 2 months.
7. So I am going to select Basic Premium Intel $ 6 /mo plan. You can select any but for VPN it is enough.
8. Then scroll down to Choose Authentication Method. Here you have 2 options which are SSH Key & Password.
So I am going to select the password option here. Then in the next box, you need to Create a root password. Just set your strong root password here.
9. Now scroll down and you will find the tags and username option. There put VPN.
10. Now just recheck whether all the above options are right or not. If yes then click on Create Droplet button.
11. It will take 2-3 minutes to create your droplet. So wait for it. Now your droplet is successfully created.
How to Connect to Droplets with SSH On Android Phone :
OK, so our droplet was successfully created so now we need to connect that droplet or VPS via SSH Client on android.
1. Download & install JuiceSSH Client App on your Android phone.
2. Open JuiceSSH App. Click on the “manage connections “option. Select the connections tab.
3. Click on the plus icon here to create a new connection. It will ask you for some details so fill it in like this :
Address: Droplet public IP Address (take it from your droplet dashboard on digital ocean.
Identity: Add New Identity here.
4. When you click on add new identity. So it will ask for more details so fill it in like this :
Password : (put your root password here).
Then click on the save button on the top right side of the screen two times.
5. Done now you will see your VPN connection created successfully.
How To Set Up A VPN Server Configuration :
OK so your VPN connection is created from the above step. So now let’s set up a VPN server.
1. OK so let’s click on VPN connection. It will open your droplet terminal.
2. It will start the VPN server connection automatically. It will ask you some questions regarding the installation of a VPN. So follow the below guide.
3. First it will ask you to agree to the agreement. So just type & enter yes in the terminal.
4. Now it will ask you for primary access server or secondary. So we need to press enter for yes. We are going to select the default option here.
5. Now it will ask you for the admin web URL. So select the 1 to all interfaces option.
6. Now it will ask you for the port number for admin UI. It is by default 943. So you can press enter directly to use the default port or you can change it if you want.
7. Now it will ask you for a TCP port. So just press enter directly for the default option.
8. Now it will ask you for traffic routing through your VPN connection. So just press enter for the default option.
9. Now it will ask you for DNS traffic through your VPN connection. So just press enter for a default value.
10. Now it will ask you to use local authentication via internal DB. So just press enters for a default value.
11. Now it will ask you should private subnets be accessible to clients by default. So just press default for it.
12. Now it will ask you for the admin UI login username you want to set as OpenVPN or not. So if you want to change then press no. Otherwise press yes. I am going to select it by default.
13. Now it will ask you for an activation key. So just press enter again for a default value.
That’s it after that it will start installing an open VPN into your droplet. It will take 1-2 minutes now.
How To Log In to OPENVPN Admin Portal :
Now your own VPN server setup is done. Now we need to log in to our VPN server admin panel. So let’s do this.
1. We have our username of OpenVPN which is “openvpn”. But we don’t have a password. So let’s set a password for OpenVPN.
To do that just open the JUICESSH app. Enter into your VPN connection terminal.
Then type this command to set your own password for your VPN server admin panel.
2. It will ask you for a password now so let’s set a password now.
3. Now after password setup. Let’s access our VPN server admin panel for that using this link below.
NOTE: In the IP section. Use your public IP Address. then open this link in your web browser.
4. Now you will get an SSL issue. It is normal. Just click on the advanced option.
5. Now you will see this login page. Enter your username & password here. Then press the log-in button.
6. Boom! Now you successfully logged in to your VPN server admin panel. So now you can configure anything that you want.
How To Use Your Own VPN On Android Phone :
OK, so finely we conferenced and logged in to our VPN server. So let’s use our own VPN server.
1. Download & install the open VPN app from the play store or Requirements section.
2. Open an OpenVPN app now. Allow all the agreements here. Now it will ask you for the URL of your VPN admin panel.
3. Just put your admin URL here or you can enter your IP Address like this :
NOTE: Replace the above IP address with your droplet IP Address.
Then click on the Next button.
4. Now it will ask for some more options. So put that details as well. Then click on save.
5. Now your own VPN server is added successfully.
6. Let’s enable this option to connect your VPN server. It will again ask you for a password. Just put your password here.
7. Boom now you are connected to your VPN server. You can check your IP Address here. Because your device IP is changed successfully.
Youtube Tutorial :
This way you can solve the How To Make Your Own VPN question. In this way, you can use 2 Months free of your own VPN server on any device. So if you like my article. So please share this article with your friends and family.
Thank you so much for reading How To Make Your Own VPN For Free On Android.