Hello guys in this tutorial I am going to show you how to install Ubuntu operating system on your Android Phone. so guys if you want to install Ubuntu on your Android phone without root, so read this article till the end.
Many people ask me about how to install Ubuntu on Android phone. so guys in this tutorial I am going to show you step by step method, easy method and without root method to install Ubuntu on Android phone.. so follow all the steps properly then you will install Ubuntu on Android phone without root easily.
so let’s start. This article is all about how to install Ubuntu on android without root. So guys first you need to meet some requirements.
- 1 Ubuntu on Android! How To Install Ubuntu on Android Without Root (2020):
- 2 Method: 2 Install Ubuntu 20 On Android Without Root :
Requirements To Install Ubuntu on Android Without Root:
1. Download and install termux application on your Android phone. Download from the Play Store or from the above link.
2. Download and install a VNC viewer application. Download from Google Play Store or from the above link.
3. Download my Ubuntu commands text file from the given link. open it with any text editor application.
Ubuntu on Android! How To Install Ubuntu on Android Without Root (2020):
1. First of all open termux application. it will load some packages and upgrade your stermux supplication while first time. so please wait for a while.
2. After complete termux processing now we are ready to run some commands. So just copy my first command from Ubuntu commands text file and paste it into termux application. Press enter.
apt update && apt upgrade
It will update your termux application packages. it will upgrade your termux application. this process is required for installing Ubuntu on your Android Phone.
It will ask for yes or no so press y for (yes) and enter. It will take 2 to 3 minutes to complete.
3. Now your packages and your termux application is upgraded. now just run the second command from my commands text file. it will install Ubuntu packages on your termux application.
pkg install wget openssl-tool proot -y && hash -r && wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/EXALAB/AnLinux-Resources/master/Scripts/Installer/Ubuntu/ubuntu.sh && bash ubuntu.sh
Just wait for 5 to 10 minutes to install Ubuntu packages with the second command.
4. Now your Ubuntu packages are installed properly after 10 minutes. now we need to run ls command to show your packages. Then you will see start-kali.sh.
we need to run this file so go to my commands text file and copy and paste third command and press enter. It will start your Ubuntu machine terminal.
5. Guys, now you can run all Ubuntu commands in your terminal. but we want to install Ubuntu desktop, it means GUI interface on our Android Phone.
so uys just go to my commands text file and copy the fourth command and paste it in the terminal.
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/EXALAB/AnLinux-Resources/master/Scripts/DesktopEnvironment/Apt/Xfce4/de-apt-xfce4.sh && bash de-apt-xfce4.sh
Press enter. It will take 30 to 40 minutes to complete. it will download all GUI environment on your Android phone with VNC support.
7. After all complete. it will ask you for a set password to your VNC Server. Set 6 to 8 characters as a password and press enter.
Done now your terminal part is over. Minimize your termux application. open VNC viewer application.
8. Click on the plus icon to create a profile. it will ask for an IP address and machine name. so put localhost:1 in IP address and put any name for your machine. Click on done.
Now it will ask for a password so put your terminal password into that box and click on continue it will automatically connect your Ubuntu desktop with your VNC viewer software.
that’s it. now you can run & install any packages with Desktop Environment on your Android Phone.
Uninstall Ubuntu From Android :
If you guys want to Uninstall Ubuntu From Android, follow these steps.
(1) Open termux application. Then go to Localhost mode for that enter this command.
(2) Press enter. Now you need to put uninstall command to uninstall Ubuntu from Android.
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/EXALAB/AnLinux-Resources/master/Scripts/Uninstaller/Kali/UNI-kali.sh && bash UNI-kali.shwget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/EXALAB/AnLinux-Resources/master/Scripts/Uninstaller/Ubuntu/UNI-ubuntu.sh && bash UNI-ubuntu.sh
Q.1: How we can access Localhost again after exit the termux app?
Answer: Open termux app. Enter this command & press enter.
Q.2: get a port error in VNC viewer what can I do?
Answer: follow the steps.
(1) close termux app from the recent app also.
(2) open termux app again. Type
Now again type
It will restart your VNC. After that go to event viewer app delete your old machine. Create a new machine using localhost:1 with the same password. Done.
Q.3: Commands showing an error?
Answer: Download my Ubuntu text file from the above link. Because sometimes when we copy Commands from the website it’s got an error. Copy from a text file. It will work fine.
Q.4: This trick will work on non-rooted device?
Answer: Yes you can.
All cammands taken from AnLinux : Run Linux On Android Without Root Access App.
Watch YouTube Video Tutorial.
Method: 2 Install Ubuntu 20 On Android Without Root :
If the above methods were not working, then you should try this method. With this method, you can easily install Ubuntu 20 full version without root on any Android device. So let’s start.
Many people are facing some issues regarding Ubuntu 20 installation in the Termux terminal. So right now, I am back with a solution to fix that error.
So without wasting time, let’s get started.
(1) Minium 3 – 4GB Storage needed from your Android phone. Android Version 6+ Required.
(2) Download and install an F-DROID application on your Android phone. Download from the Download section above.
(3) Download and install a VNC Viewer application on your Android phone. Download from the Download section above.
Installation Guide :
So I hope you understand the above requirements. So now let’s install Ubuntu 20 on android without root. Follow me & you will able to install Ubuntu 20 on android without root successfully.
(1) Open F-DROID App. When you open the first time, it will take some time to load apps because the app downloads some required packages & repositories.
(2) After successfully open the F-DROID app. You will see the search bar. Then search for Termux.
(3) Download & Install Termux app from F-DROID. Don’t download the termux app from the play store. Otherwise trick will not work.
(4) After Termux App is installed from the F-DROID app. Now open Termux App. It will load some packages the first time when you open the termux app first time.
(5) Now time to install Ubuntu 20 on android step by step. Follow the below commands—Copy-paste directly in the Termux terminal one by one.
(6) First update & upgrade our Termux packages following this command.
pkg update -y
(7) Now give Storage permission to the Termux app.
(8) Install wget package to load Ubuntu 20 installation script.
pkg install wget curl proot tar -y
(9) Now time to load the Ubuntu script.
(10) Now give permission to execute the script on the Termux app.
chmod +x ubuntu.sh
(11) After that, I need to run a script to install Ubuntu 20. Just follow the below command.
That’s it now it will ask you for yes or no. Just type y. Now your file will download & extract. It will take 15-20 minutes according to your internet & phone specifications.
(12) Now follow other small steps from my video Tutorial.
# To enter Ubuntu mode.
# To Start VNC Server.
# To Stop VNC Server.
Download Section :
Thank you so much for reading, Ubuntu on Android! How To Install Ubuntu on Android Without Root (2021).