Did you know how to use SD card as internal storage in android??
Many people ask me, how to use SD card as internal storage on any Android Phone. So today I will show you the best way to use SD card as internal storage on any Android Phone. If your Android device doesn’t have enough internal memory or you want to increase your internal storage to store all the apps, games as much you want. You can possible that using an android feature. you can use the SD card as internal storage for your Android phone. It is all so known as Adoptable Storage. Adoptable Storage.allows the Android OS to format an external storage as a internal storage.
SD Cards are very good option to store files, photos, songs, documents, and videos. Even if you have a less amount of internal storage on your Android phone, you need use SD card to store all the data on your phone.
So guys read this full post article then you properly understand how to use Sd card as an internal memory on android phone without root.
What is an Adoptable Storage?
- 1 What is an Adoptable Storage?
- 2 Requirements To use SD card as internal storage
- 3 STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL
- 4 STEPS FOR AGAIN USE SD CARD AS PORTABLE STORAGE :
- 5 Adaptable storage for Samsung users :
- 6 Watch Video For More Information :
There is a feature which available on Android devices. This feature helps the android device to use SD Card as a internal memory. This feature is known as adaptable storage. It’s provided by the Google.
Requirements To use SD card as internal storage
1. Your Phone running on Android Marshmallow 6.0 or higher.
2. Use good quality SD Card (Use class 10 or higher /and use 16 GB, 32 GB or 64 GB or higher).
3. In this method, No root required.
STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL
1. First, take a full backup of your SD card on your PC. Because during this process your SD card will be formatted.
2. Go to settings. Go to storage & USB option.
2. Then click on your SD card then you will see the top right corner, 3 dot option. Click on that.
3. Then you will see settings then click on it.
4. Now you will see some options. click on a format as internal.
5. Then it will ask for a format. click on a format as internal (take a backup first).
6. Then it will take some time. so wait for that (5 to 7 minutes).
7. it will show move data option page. If you want to move your all apps, games, videos, files, etc to SD CARD then move it. Or if you do not want to move then click on move latter.
NOTE: After this process, your memory card will adopt with your phone. So you cannot use this memory card on another phone. If you want to use this memory card on other phones then follow this steps.
STEPS FOR AGAIN USE SD CARD AS PORTABLE STORAGE :
1. GO to settings/storage & USB again.
2. Now click on SD card again.
3. Now click on 3 dots again. now select format as portable.
4. Now click on format. Done. Now you again use this SD card on other phones.
Adaptable storage for Samsung users :
If you using Samsung Phones then you will follow those steps. Don’t follow above steps, it will not work on any Samsung device. Because Samsung phones run on TouchWiz UI (own software). Samsung officially disabled that option.
1. You should have a rooted phone if you want to use this feature on your Samsung device.
2. Running on marshmallow 6.0 or higher
3. This truck mostly works on high budget Samsung phones only.
4. This trick will not work on every Samsung device.
STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL :
1. Downloaded terminal emulator app from the given link.
2. Type “ us” and enter. It will ask for root permission. Allow it.
3. Now type “ sm has-adoptable ” and enter.
4. Then if you see “ true” then your Samsung phone is supported then follow this link :(FULL GUIDE).
5. If you find false then your phone is not supported by this process.